Thursday, October 1, 2015

SMF's ShartOuts: The October Country

(Banner art via Jason Price of http://www.iconvsicon.com)

Here’s a Fresh Edition of “SMF Shartouts” to ring in the Greatest Month of the Year . . . October! I been waiting patiently for this month to finally get here since I got so many fun thing lined up all Month long! In fact this very weekend I am heading down to Maryland hang out with my friends (Katherine, Jeff, and Jason) and attend Monster Mania 32!


As you can see from the picture above the line up for this show is stacked! I plan on meeting Matthew Lillard, Nick Castle, and Tom Atkins once again! Be sure to follow my (Instagram Page) to see all the pictures I take at the Convention!



Ok let’s get to the ShartOuts!

01: Coming soon from our friends over at Jacks-attic.com is the next highly anticipated figure in his popular “Kill People” line!


This “Ghostface” bootleg figure done in the style of Fisher Price “Little People” joins the previous Slashers comrades “Jason” and “Michael Myers”!
Supplies are extremely limited so good luck! To be honest I don’t even know why I am sharing this info on here cause I desperately want the green one because it reminds me of “STAB”!


02: Recently on the SMF Facebook and Instagram Pages I revealed my costume for this year’s Halloween Party that I been invited to . . .
"How do you like that, Dad?"

Well I happy to report that there is actually a documentary that A Nightmare on Elm Street 2’s Mark Patton (The Real “Jesse”) has in the works called “Scream Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street”!


Head on over to the official Kickstarter and help make his Dream a Reality right (HERE)

03: It wouldn’t be a true edition of the “Shartouts” unless I included what Kate Davis has been up to! Her latest is a hilarious mashup of everyone’s favorite propane salesman and the Angel of Suffering . . . she dubbed it "HILLRAISER”!


04: When you think about all the movies that got the Trading Cards Treatment back in the 80s it’s very surprising that a set based off “The Lost Boys” didn’t see the light of day!
Well that’s about to change very soon cause Brandedinthe80s.com is putting this stunning set of cards based off the beloved 1987 Vampire flick!



 I gotta say Branded in the 80s knocked this idea of the of the park because the style of these cards totally fit in with the other Movie card sets that came out during the same era . . . I want them all especially one featuring the Sexy Sax Man!


05: I gotta hand to the Funko Company cause they keeps coming out with creative vinyl toys that demand our money! The latest one I needed to have in my collection was this Freddy figure based off the scene in “The Dream Warriors” where he says “Let’s Get High!” to a helpless Tara!


 Needles are scary enough but when there are attached to Pop Freddy they become insanely Cute!  


06: Speaking of toys I can’t get enough of . . . these Lego Minifigures released for the Halloween Season!
Seriously How Cool are these Things? 

07: INCYMI this month we once again have teamed up with my Friend Chris (of Quiltface Studios) on here for a SMF Giveaway!


 This month’s contest is for this awesome poster made exclusively for The Colonial Theatre Double Feature of Halloween 4 & 5! To Enter SMF’s Contest follow the Link right (HERE)


08: Speaking of Chris and his recent artwork I feel the need to also share this Stunning poster he did for Eli Roth’s “The Green Inferno” which can be purchased at his site right (HERE)!



09: And for my Final ShartOut I want to mention the following Podcasts; The Purple Stuff Podcast, Acid Pop Cult, and HorrorSexy for helping me really get into the Halloween Season! Every week you guys make my commute to work tolerable and I have loved hearing all your stories from Halloween past and present!


Well that wraps things up for this edition of SMF ShartOuts! Thanks for reading and please be sure to spread the word on any or all the links shared within!

- Tom

https://www.facebook.com/ShitMovieFest (SMF on Facebook)
https://twitter.com/ShitMovieFest (SMF on Twitter)
http://instagram.com/shit_movie_fest (SMF on Instagram)
http://shitmoviefest.tumblr.com/ (SMF on Tumblr; Page ran by Chris Gormley)

No comments:

Post a Comment