Friday, May 1, 2015

SMF's Weekly ShartOuts (May 1st)


Banner Art via Jason Price of IconVsIcon & Acid Pop Cult!


Welcome back to the SMF ShartOuts, below are some posts and art from around the interwebs that I strongly endorse so please check all the links shared and please feel free to email me at (shitmoviefest@comcast.net) if there's ever something you feel should be featured in a future edition of the ShartOuts!

Last week I joined my good friends Jason Price (IconVsIcon) and Jeremy L. Morrison for what was my podcast debut on their show Acid Pop Cult!  On the show I talk about how "Shit Movie Fest" came to be and also give my Top 3 Pics on what Summer Blockbusters I am most looking forward to in the coming months!
I had a lot of fun shooting the shit with these fellows and hopefully they will have me back on sometime in the future!



You can give that listen right HERE or search for APC on iTunes and download Episode #136!

Speaking of Podcasts I also got interviewed on the week's episode of The Horror Lounge!

This interview took place right on the floor of last March's Monster Mania in Cherry Hill in New Jersey where I ran into hosts Jeremy and Jason in the Vending Room! You can listen to podcast right HERE (I appear around the 55 Minute Mark!)

Even though I couldn't make it out to this show I still had to share this poster that Dixie Dellamorto Lobo did for The Colonial Theatre special 35mm Screening of George A. Romero's "Creepshow"!

Besides being a great homage of each of the movie's stories, I love that Dixie also fit in the theater in the background of her art piece!

Last weekend at the Chiller Theater Con I picked up Bloody Earth Films' new feature Homicycle on DVD!


This movie was a Blast and I highly recommend it if you are a fan of recent Grindhouse fare such as "Hobo With A Shotgun" or Machete! Check out the Trailer Below:


Also at Chiller I had the honor of meeting the legendary Dick Miller and I got this awesome Joel Robinson print of Demon Knight's Uncle Willie!

To Tom "Have a Drink with Uncle Willie!"
- Dick Miller

For more of Joel's work check out artpusher.net!


So I posted here recently about artist Tom “The Dude Designs” Hodge's new "VHS Video Cover Art" Book, well it's now out and John Squires has a review of the very book over at Halloween Love!


Read John's Review HERE!



Also at the Halloween Blog one of my favorite writers in the Horror Game BJ Colangelo made her HL Debut with an informative article about  Supporting Underground Horror!  


Check that article out and also keep up to date with BJ on her Twitter and her Blog "Day of the Woman"!

Over at Film Classics Virgin, Derek Smith has a great interview up with one of my favorite artist Kate Davis as part of his latest instalment of "ARTSEXY"!


Read that interview at HorrorSexy at the following link right HERE!


- Tom
https://www.facebook.com/ShitMovieFest (SMF on Facebook)
https://twitter.com/ShitMovieFest (SMF on Twitter)
http://instagram.com/shit_movie_fest (SMF on Instagram)
http://shitmoviefest.tumblr.com/ (SMF on Tumblr; Page ran by Chris Gormley)

No comments:

Post a Comment