Sunday, February 8, 2015

SMF's Weekly ShartOuts (February 1st - 7th)


Welcome to the first of a what I hope to be a weekly feature here at the SMF Blog! The idea behind the "Weekly ShartOuts" is to share some noteworthy posts & stories that you may have missed from the week that was!
   Before I get started I must admit that this idea came to me from what my good friend John "Freddy In Space" Squires who has been doing something like this called "The Most Awesome Images Of The Week" over at The Halloween Love Blog! So after reading this post, please head over there and check out John's writing and all the writers featured at Halloween Love!

First up I want I to give a ShartOut to Artist Chris Garofalo of (QuiltfaceStudios) for this stunning "Event Horizon" poster he did for The Colonial Theatre's recent 35mm screening of the late 90s Horror Gem!
Chris' signed and numbered edition of 50 is almost sold out so if you want to add this poster to your wall act now by going to his Storenvy!


My Second ShartOut goes to Actress Tuesday Knight who not only played "Kristen Parker" in "A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master" but also set the tone for the movie by providing the main title theme "Nightmare"! Earlier this week Tuesday announced that an EP of the Single will be hitting both Vinyl and CD soon featuring art work from Dakota Thomas! For more details and updates follow the Facebook Page Tuesday Knight "Nightmare" EP (HERE!)


Next I want to give a ShartOut and also wish Good Luck to my friends Tony Trov and Johhny Zito who will start filming on their latest horror movie American Exorcist in a couple days! This will be Trov and Zito followup to the Sorority Slasher flick Alpha Girls they directed few years back!
 Please check out their Kickstarter for this project and if you are not in a position to donate at this time please share and help get the word out!


I already mention checking out Halloween Love a bit earlier in this post, but incase you didn't get the hint check out this great collection of Horror Movie Teaser Trailers (LINK!) that John Squires dug up from the interwebs!   


So by now I'm sure that you seen or at least heard about the "Save By The Bell Reunion" on The Tonight Show, but if not check it out and then head over to the Horror Movie BBQ to get my friend Chad Young's (who the biggest S.B.T.B. Fan I know btw!) take on this bit of 90s  Nostalgia! 



And finally big thanks to everyone for helping both the SMF Twitter and Instagram Page reach up to 1500 Followers this week, I appreciate all the Support!



- Tom 
http://shitmoviefest.tumblr.com/ (SMF on Tumblr; Page ran by Chris Gormley)

No comments:

Post a Comment