Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A look at my "Gremlins" collection . . .

Since I started going regularly to Horror Cons over the past 5 years there been a few movies that I always look for merch to bring home for each Convention I attend. As most of you are already aware I'm a huge Creature from the Black Lagoon/Gill-man fan (if not see my Creature Corner!)
With the popularity of the Universal Monsters higher then ever there's always a good chance I'll find something Creature related in my travels to add my Corner! Another franchise I been building somewhat of a collection up over the years is stuff from "Gremlins" and "Gremlins 2: The New Batch"! Below are something I've owned since childhood and also so new items that have popped up over the years!!!

A few years ago at a Monster Mania con in Maryland I was fortunate enough to meet Zach Galligan aka Billy Peltzer"! Zach was one of the nicest guest I have met at a Horror Con to date and was fun to talk to about both the Gremlins movies and the very underrated "Wazwork"! 

I did have the "Pop Movies" Gizmo at the time so I had him sign the Stripe figure I did have . . .



Last fall at the Chiller Theater con in N.J., my friend Tiff and I ran into Zach during the free concert at the end of the night, we started talking to him and he ended up hanging and drinking with us the rest of the show! 

Below are some of my favorite items in my Gremlins collection, they are the PVC toys that were released for both movies!



Gizmo

Another Giz

Stripe (in Mogwai forme) 

Stripe 

Another Stripe

PVC Figures from "Gremlins 2: The New Batch"

Brain Gremlin

Daffy

Gizmo

Lenny

Mohawk 

Greta

Mohawk 

Gremlin Lenny

An unopened pack of "Transfers" 

The two Movie Ti-In Books

Both movies on DVD, I really look forward to picking up that 30th Anniversary Blu-ray!

A pack of Gremlins 2 trading cards

A Gremlins Uno Game!



A puzzle titled "Go Gizmo Go!"

A shot glass featuring the Flasher Gremlin that Phoebe Cates kicks in the junk!

And finally a Gremlins Lunch Box




Now part of my collection but here's two of my favorite Gremlins related pics!

My buddy Jason (of Icon vs. Icon) handing off a very scared Gizmo doll to his dog Starbuck!

"Drunk Stripe" From my trip to "Blood on the Beach" back in 2012!

- Tom






1 comment:

  1. Dang thats hardcore, awesome collection. Do you have any Gremlins shirts?

    ReplyDelete