Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Gremlins Cooking Hour (A Special Shitmas Post from Stacy Still!)


This year for Shitmas I decided to spice things up a bit. Luckily I was able to call dibs on one of my all time favorite Christmas movies of all time . . .

Gremlins.

I'm sure most of us has seen this movie at least a thousand times. The 1984 classic that proved several things...


Mogwais seem like a great gift idea...but they aren't.
Corey Feldman WILL ruin the what appears to be the best Christmas gift, and turn it into shit.
Phoebe Cates pretty much the source of telling everyone there's no Santa.
In small towns the police force get crazy drunk while on duty and give zero fucks.
Zach Galligan is the most dreamy bank teller.
Judge Reinhold is still missing to this day.

So instead of doing a typical review, I decided to take a stab at making Gremlin shaped cookies. After buying a Mogwai shaped cookie cutter, and cracking open a bottle of wine I thought this would be the best idea e-v-e-r.

Guess what...it wasn't.


    Some people use normal sized glasses when they drink. I on the other hand clearly am taking full advantage of the holiday spirit.
    Instead of watching the oven preheat, I noticed that Gremlins was on TV! What are the chances?! The fact my house didn't burn down still stuns me.
    Got everything to make some truly awesome cookies! These are going to be amazing!

What a little shit...

Mixing it up, add some food coloring and bang, Gremlin green.

Um...okay, this cookie cutter is sorta taking a shit on my chest. Maybe they will look better when they go in the oven.

Yeah...maybe they will look better once they bake.

Are you fucking kidding me?


Well, if my cooking hour taught me anything, it's that I still don't know how to bake, and the forth rule of owning a Mogwai is don't drink wine after midnight when baking!

- Stacy – Staystillreviews

2 comments:

  1. You did great! Had me rollin' at the visuals. Will be posting this on the station FB page! Tried my best to read it on my show with Jerry Goldsmith's Gremlin Rag in the background.

    ReplyDelete