Monday, December 9, 2013

Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation (Shitmas Poster from Guts and Grog)

Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation- Brian Yuzna

Brian Yuzna came along and was like "yeah I'll make SNDN4 but instead of Christmas I am gonna fill it with bugs and witches." (*may not be an accurate quote)
A lady jumps off a building while being on fire. Clint Howard (who plays Ricky, not sure how that works) finds a burger with no cheese. He is pissed. A newspaper worker decides she wants to be a real reporter so she investigates and ends up getting sucked into a world where the cast of The View chases her down, gives her an insect facial and invites The Applegates over. Her vagina pukes and she is transformed into a combination of Belial and Grant Grant.  
This gets a lot of hate and I don't get it. It is nothing like the other films. It can't be compared to the other films. It is full of slimy, splattery awesome that only Yuzna can bring. The score is done by Full Moon favorite Richard Band and it is full of "surrealistic visual effects" by Screaming Mad George. When I saw that credit I must admit I chuckled but after finishing the film it works and I can totally get behind it. Like Brad Pitt did for Gwyneth Paltrow get your head out of the box and enjoy this. 3.5/5



_Tromeric
http://gutsandgrogreviews.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment