Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Enter to win a custom poster of 1988's The Blob!



When I think of all the Horror remakes that we bombarded with over the years, there's a small list of them that I like just as much as the film it's a remake of! One such film is 1988's "The Blob", the original Blob is a campy but lovable B-movie and a product of it's time. But then again so is the 80's version . . . it's Nasty, Violent, Unforgiving, and has some Sweet Mullet Action courtesy of Kevin Dillon! For the next two weekends The Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville, Pa will be celebrating both the 1958 Blob and for the first time it's 80s counterpart!

Next Weekend (July 12 & 13) is their Annual "Blobfest", since part of the original Blob was filmed in and around the area (including the classic movie theater scene that was shot in the Colonial!), the whole town celebrates with a parade and street fair! You can read my recap from last year's Blobfest right HERE.

But before all of that can happen, this Friday July 5th the 1988 Blob will be playing as part of The Colonial's monthly "First Friday Fright Night" series, a rare chance to see this movie in 35mm once again! The poster you see at the top of the page is done by artist Charles Moran aka Zomic (Visit his Webstore HERE) and at the event I am grabbing an extra poster off of Chuck for this very SMF Poster Give-a-Way . .

So Here's All You Have All You Have To Do Enter . . .

First I ask for you to please check out some of Charles' Art Work HERE, then after doing that come back to this Contest Page and Answer In THE Blog's Comments Section Below both or one of these questions "Who you you most like to see eaten by The Blob?" (Celebrities, Sports Figures, etc) or "What your favorite Blob Scene is from the Series." (Yes 1972's "Beware! The Blob" counts!)

That's All There Is To It!

The Deadline for this Give-A-Way is Midnight July 15th, so have your entry in by then and please also include your Email Address or How to Contact You in your Commens, that way I can reach you if are the lucky one that's escaped The Blob!
 All entries will be given a Number and a Winner will be picked out using the Quick Random Number Generator on my phone, so best of luck and thanks playing!


- Tom
Shit Movie Fest on Facebook

22 comments:

  1. "Who would you most like to see eaten by The Blob?"

    Justin Bieber.

    My favorite scene has to be the phone booth scene. The police station scene is a close 2nd though.

    That Charles guy does some incredible work! I love the Lost Boys poster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Who you you most like to see eaten by The Blob?"

    I would like to see my husband being eaten by the Blob. Right when he's under the car...

    "What your favorite Blob Scene is from the Series."

    The original Blob: When the Blob covers the diner and they try to freeze it off - CO2!!!! LOL

    The artist is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool artwork! My favorite is The Deadly Spawn.

    Who would I like to be eaten by The Blob? Hmmm. Anyone responsible in Hollywood for making the TERRIBLE horror movie remakes! Probably the writers too. I'm still down for good remakes though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite Blob scene is The Blob's attack on the Colonial in the 1958 film. That's the Kong on the Empire State Building of 1950s sci-fi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scene where the guy gets sucked down the kitchen sink! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to see the blob eat The Thing. That would be cray cray!

    Favorite scene is from 88. The aftermath of the homeless guy, freaking disgusting.

    Bonus that has nothing to do with the blob, the scene in the store purchasing rubbers is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i d love to see the Blob eat Glenn Hetrick from Face Off,,show him what real FX feel like,,

    favorite scene is the boyfriend getting melted and she pulls him arm off,,was not expecting that first time around

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to see James Franco eaten by the Blob. He'd be all like, "Hey, what's with this fuckin' blob, man?!" And then he'd be devoured. Comedy gold.

    My favorite scene is from the 1988 remake. When the house manager walks into the projection booth and finds the projectionist being dissolved on the ceiling. I think about that every time I'm in a theater and the picture is taking a bit to get started. Along with, "How would I survive a hoard of demons in this particular theater?" But that's another story all together....

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would love to see the blob eat those religious nuts from the westboro church who are always protesting at innocent peoples funerals.

    my favorite scene is the classic scene from the original where the blob oozes it's way through the movie theatre. scared the crap out of me as a kid cause i spent as much of my childhood in a theatre as possible, lol.

    i really love the artists work, very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish i could attend the film fest, my birthday is july 13th and that would be a lot of fun.

      Delete
  10. "Who you you most like to see eaten by The Blob?"

    A shark.....then we can have an epic SyFy/Asylum pic, Shark in a Blob.

    "What your favorite Blob Scene is from the Series."

    In the 80's remake when the kid gets it in the sewer. You never expect a child to die, and it was pretty gutsy, loved it.

    the_reapers_retribution@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn. My #1 choice was the Westboro Baptist Church. Those crazy ass m*therf*ckers don't deserve to live. Since it is already taken I will choose:

    - Paul W.S. Anderson for destroying Alien Vs. Predator

    - Nicolas Cage for being a terrible actor

    - Kim Kardashian because I want to see The Blob Vs. The Blob

    - The jackasses who decided to cancel Pushing Daisies and V

    - That douchebag at my work who doesn't lift a finger because he is related to the owner

    - Kanye West . . . too many reasons to list

    alienxphile at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chris Brown eaten by The Blob.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Honey Boo Boo's mom.

    Blob on ceiling in doctors office.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to see Rob Zombie eaten by The Blob for teasing us about a remake.

    My favorite scene was definitely the short order cook being pulled into the sink in the 1988 film. That seriously scarred me for life. I still, to this day, won't reach my hand into any drain.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to see Kirk Cameron eaten by the blob.

    dr.teeeeth AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to see the whole Judd Apatow crew eaten by the blob.

    My favorite scene from The Blob is when Kevin Dillon tries to jump the bridge with his bike and eats it hard, then the homeless guy laughs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thefreakyattraction AT gmail DOT com

      Delete
  17. Sorry for the delay, the winner is Alex DiVincenzo

    ReplyDelete