Saturday, March 2, 2013

Boobs and Hammer!


Last year I bought “The Hammer Vault”, an incredible art book cataloging the promotional material, production stills and behind the scene photos of the most well known Hammer horror films (and not so well known). Originally I wanted to write a full book review, but my extreme laziness got in the way. So instead today I will focus on the book’s most eye-catching images, the ones with boobs.

The illustrator Tom Chantrell made dozens of concept paintings for Hammer. His art was a way to visualize a developing project and sell the potential film to investors and sometimes even actors. The way he usually sold his ideas to the studio was with excessive female nudity. The man was a true genius.

Most of these scanned images from “The Hammer Vault” are Mr Chantrell’s sexy water colors, but there are some other artists included, in addition to the racier production stills from some of Hammer’s later Exploitation films. I hope you enjoy this trip back to the swinging '60s and sleazy '70s; a time where women were becoming liberated…from their shirts.


To the left: Mr Chantrell's beautiful illustration. To the right: A comic book Amazon come to life, Ms Raquel Welch.


I'm not sure what is so "sophisticated" about Countess Dracula, but I feel like I have to examine every inch to find out.


Blood from the Mummy's Tomb: Not a Chantrell painting. Looks like a Death Metal band's album art.


Dracula AD 1972 is one of my all time favorites.


Hands of the Ripper: A different kind of "Girl on Girl" action.


To Lust for a Vampire or to not...either way it looks messy.


Scars of Dracula: These are the scars I'm looking for!


Frankenstein Created Woman then scared the shit out of her.


The world may have forgotten these Creatures, but I will never forget these BOOBS.


The Mummy's Shroud: After a good chokeout a Mummy needs his calcium.


And lastly, but certainly not leastly...

Open that Crack!

I feel like my IQ has dropped 50 points. Thanks for reading.

Chris_Gormley

1 comment:

  1. There is a chance you're qualified for a free $1,000 Amazon Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete