Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Movie Tie-in Books and some other Horror Fiction . . .



 Here's a look at some of the movie tie-in paperbacks and other horror fiction I've picked up in the last few years, I scored most of these at Horror Con or off of Ebay with most all going for $5 or less!

The Nightmare on Elm Street Collection Books are two of my favorites, the book covering movies 1-3 I've had since a teen, it wasn't until recently that I was able to find the book with Dream Master & Dream Child. I love the little changes that are featured in some of these, I wouldn't say they are better then in the movie but there are all pretty interesting. For instance Joey and Kincaid die doing battle with Freddy in the Dream Warriors book, Taryn is no longer a recovering drug addict or a White for that matter, and best of all Freddy kills Dr. Simms! As an added bonus there is a couple chapters about Freddy's youth and early murders in the first book!




R.L. Stine's Silent Night 1, 2, and 3 (Fear Street)
As a kid I never got into the Fear Street Series cause I knew they were aimed more towards females, but my love for Holiday Slasher finally got the best of me, expects a full review or feature on these for 2013's Shitmas!




Two of my all time favorite directors are Brian De Palma and David Cronenberg, but I had no clue until last year that a book had been made for "Dressed to Kill" or "Videodrome"!



"The Executioners" is the book the movie "Cape Fear" was based off of, what I have is the book's first printing in paperback from 1958!


Hey so did they ever make a  "Freaked" tie-in book? Hell yeah they did! 



The two different "Secrets of the Shopping Mall" I have, I much prefer the old which is on the left.


Joy Ride was for the longest time my holy grail of Horror Fiction, finally found a copy of a reasonable price this past summer. Now I just wish someone had made into a movie during the 80's Slasher Craze!


Here's the rest of my collection, I'm always looking to add to it and will be on the hunt since Horror 
Con Season will be starting back up in March!







- Tom

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tom, it's Tiffany! I still have all my Fear Street novels! I have tons of them because I loved them as a teen! I also have a few of the Nightmare on elm street novels. Those are awesome! They are out of print but if you ever find the nightmare on elm street novel called Suffer the Children, read it! It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to look for the freddy one now on ebay, thanks Tiff

    ReplyDelete