Thursday, June 21, 2012

10 Movie Scenes that use to Scare the Bejesus Out of Me . . .


It's been awhile since I did a list on here, so here is one about 10 Movies/Scenes that use to (ok still do) Scare the Bejesus Out of Me! 

10: Tremors (1990)
Pretty much the whole movie scared me when I first saw this as a kid, and for a good while I was afraid to walk on anything that wasn't cement in fear that a Graboid would get me!
It's a good thing by the time the sequel came out I was over my fear of the movie Tremors cause in that movie the Graboids morphed into walking creatures and you were no longer safe any where!
The scene that use to get me the most  when I was younger was the discovery of Old Fred's severed Head lying in the ground surrounded by his dead flock of sheep!



09: The Blob (1988)
When I first seen the Blob remake my family just got cable, I was use to kid friendly horror and action films such as "Monster Squad", "Pulse", "Stan By Me" and "The Goonies", so this gory/gooey Rated R film was maybe a little to much for me to handle at the time . . . especially the scene when young Eddie is eaten by the Blob in the sewers! The was a total WTF Moment for me cause I never thought the kids were in any danger at all! My young mind was never the same after that!

08: Ghostbusters 2 (1989)
Ok this one might only me, but anytime I saw this movie back when it was new I had to turn away during the scene when the "Ghost Nanny" kidnapped Baby Oscar!
Janosz as the Nanny use to give me Nightmares!


07: CreepShow 1 and 2 (1982/1987)
There's just two scenes I still have a hard time watching in the first two Creepshow movies (Yes oddly enough there is unofficial 3rd Film!) 
1: "They're Creeping Up on You!" Cause simply enough seeing a lot of cockroaches in a movie just isn't my thing (Sorry "Joe's Apartmen")!

2: There's just something about "The Raft" that always made me uneasy, I feel bad for those kids . . . they were just looking for a place to swim, drink beer, and wear super tight yellow speedos!


06: Poltergeist (1982)
This movie had many frightening moments for PG Horror Film, while some people will say The Clown or the Pool of Dead Bodies is the film's scariest scene, for me it was always been the Mirror Scene!
I still get grossed out when I see it . . .


05: A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 (1988)
There are two scenes in this movie that trump all the gross-out special effects in the entire series!
 One being Deb's "Roach Motel" Death 

And the other being the scene when Freddy has a slice of Pizza with his past victims' faces as toppings!
  
04: Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985)
Large "Fucking" Marge! 
Enough Said!
Seriously this scene comes out of nowhere and while I laugh now, it made me never want to watch anything Pee Wee related for a good while later when I was a kid!


03: The Shinning (1980)
Pretty much the whole Film! The Dead Twins, The Elevator of Blood, Room 237, and most of all . . . The Bear Suit are all stuff that use to make this movie impossible for me to watch!


02: Pet Semetery (1989)
Zelda Goldman! I can take everything that this movie throws at me, but Zelda still scares me to my core!
I was at a Horror Con last fall and saw the Dude that played Her (Yes Zelda was a Guy) and was afraid to look his way!


01:‪Pinocchio (1940)
This Disney Film is pure Nightmare Fuel! While "Monstro" The Killer Whale and the evil puppet maker "Stromboli" are pretty scary, it's this fucker that takes the Cake . . .
The Coachman the twisted man who lures young boys to "Pleasure Island" and in the end ultimately turns them into donkey slaves for him sell!
Sure the boys might have broken some rules on said Island . . . But come on Disney turning them into slaves for the rest of their lives is going a little to Far!
 (and yes I'm aware that this was taken from the original book!)

Ok well that's my list of things that use to keep me up at Night . . .
Feel Free To Share Your Below in the Comments or on the SMF Facebook Page!

Honorable Mention goes out to "Zoltar" in the movie "Big"!
Even though I think "Big" is one of the best movies ever made, my wish when I was younger was that "Zoltar" wasn't as creepy looking!

- Tom

5 comments:

  1. With you on Pee Wee, Ghostbusters II, and Pet Semetary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. l'm 34. l still have never watched the Face scene from Poltergeist. Maybe this Halloween...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good call on Pinocchio!
    The Roach scene in Nightmare was very disturbing and uncomfortable to watch as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list... Especially Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Poltergeist and Tremors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a weblog i am so happy to here can you more discuss here, i am back again again to your site as soon as possible and i have lot of collection for you just click here for more information.
    laptop tube

    ReplyDelete