Thursday, May 10, 2012

CONTEST: Enter to Win a Poster for the Movie "POPCORN"!




The Poster you see above is Chris Garofalo's of Quiltface-Studios Design for the Much Anticipated 35mm Screening of "Popcorn" on June 1st at The Colonial Theatre!
There will be only be 25 of these Bad Boys printed and each poster will be Die Cut into the shape of an actual Ticket! I love the idea Chris did here with the poster being in the shape of a ticket, it's quite the concept!  


Ok Now Onto How To Enter For A Chance To Win Chris' Limited Popcorn Print . . .

If you are a Fan of the movie Popcorn like me, you know that the Theatre "Maggie" (Jill Schoelen) and her friends rent out to host their All Night Horror-thon is an important character in it's own right and that's why seeing this movie at The Colonial will be extra special cause well just take a look at this place . . . It's pretty much just like the setting of the Movie!
Click HERE For More Pictures!

If you read this Blog often you know that I love going to as many Repertory Movie Screenings in my Area as possible! Between going to places such as The Colonial on Friday Nights or attending Exhumed Films' Events I caught a fair share of some my favorite movies in 35mm, most of which I was way to young to see when they were out during their Original Run! 


And Since Old Movies Are Such A Vital Part of POPCORN's Plot I want you to Post in  the Comments Section Below (The SMF Blog Only, Not via Facebook or Email) Some of your Favorite Movies you feel you were fortunate enough to have see on the Big Screen when they First Came Out and/or What's a Film you Would Love the Opportunity to See in 35mm!

That's all there is to it! The Deadline for this Quiltface-Studios Contest is Midnight June 4th, so have your entry in by then and please include your Email address in your Comment!
 All entries will be placed in a Popcorn Bag and a Winner will be picked out at random, so best of luck and thanks playing!

P.S.
While you here don't forget about this Give-A-Way from House of Mysterious Secrets
We teamed up again this time for a Amazing Exclusive Shirt featuring "The Tall Man" from the Phantasm Series!
That Contest Will Be Up Until Midnight June 1st and Can Be Found Right ( HERE! )


- Tom Bryce

Like Shit Movie Fest On Facebook or Follow Us On Twitter . . .

18 comments:

  1. I caught The Conquerer Worm at a kiddee matinee when I was 11 years old! :) Other notables I saw on the big screen include,Mark Of The Devil (pts 1 &2),during their 1st runs, Trip With The Teacher (RIP Zalman King!) at a drive-in, also at the same drive-in a double bill of ZOMBIE and The Gates Of Hell,and I was fortunate to catch Russ Meyer's Supervixens at a local theater in '75. Just to name a few

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen many a horror flick in the theater but one of my most memorable film experiences was watching Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet @ the Ritz in Philly. It wasn't even on their Bigger screen but seeing it projected in its widescreen glory back in '96 was a sight to behold. Not much has come close since then.

    Can't wait for Popcorn! Thanks for the contest Tom and great job on the poster Chris. Ticket shape poster is a snazzy idea! Matt

    crozier75@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah let me add this: I'd love to see Carpenter's The Thing in 35mm. That's one I haven't been able to catch. Univeral fucked up the blu-ray by adding DNR (not on the HD DVD) so it's hard to even enjoy that. Maybe the FFFN guys can make it happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen The Thing in Philly in a triple feature along with Escape From New York and Prince of Darkness. Kinda wish it was Big Trouble insted of Prince so it could have been 3 Kurt films

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed seeing The Exorcist in theaters, i was upset i didn't get to see Ghostbusters when it was out. I saw The Birds at an outdoor showing that was pretty cool a few years back. Kinda sad they only did that once.

    I'd like to see Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Dead Alive or Basket Case in the theater.

    johnperryjr@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember fondly being able to see one of me favorite "horror comedies" in the theater, Joe Dante's the 'Burbs. It was at an age for me when my taste for film could have gone in any direction, and this film mixed just enough horror element with the comedy to sort of ease me into it you might say. Of course now I'm fully in love with horror of all kind, but the ones big on laughs hold a special place in my heart because of this little film.
    While not my absolute favorite movie, I still love it very much and would be thrilled to see it on the big screen again!

    reverend138@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some stuff I actually saw when it was released: The Lost Boys, Nightmare on Elm Street 3, Friday the 13th 7 & 8, Wichboard and Creepshow 2 at a drive-in (that was awesome), Popcorn (ironically, and one HUGE reason why I would love to win this) and Warlock on the same day! Many many more, but those are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been lucky enough to see the original version of the fly when i was younger i lived in philly and had a theater about 2 blocks away that every saturday they would show classic horror films mostly from the 50's and 60's and it was only fifty cents ...but this was in 1974-5

    pizzajohn07@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Believe it or not seeing the movie Piranha 3D was very important to me. Gave me a greater appreciation for old school theater trickery. Candy Man was fun as a kid. As for movies I need to see... City of the Living Dead, Jaws and 2000 Maniacs would top my list. Last House on the Left/I Spit in Ypur Grave Double Feature or maybe a Cannibal Holocaust/Cannibal Ferox DF. Definitely Pieces! I wish I hadnt missed the first 2 Exhumed Horrorthons.

    Grindhousehorror@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved see Piranha in 3D, I'm trying to get a group together next Sunday if it really comes out!

      Delete
  10. I saw Gremlins in the theaters. I remember the Christmas tree scene scaring the shit out of a 7 year old me. I'd love to see Fright Night, Jason Lives and most of all Return of the Living Dead on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that I got to recently see Cabin in the Woods four times, so when it rightfully becomes a horror classic, I can say, "yeah, I saw it four times." I saw Shaun of the Dead, which was an instant classic for me, and IMO, the second best zombie movie (next to Dead Alive.) Also, I've been fortunate enough to see a 35 mm of House, and Dawn of the Dead followed by Phantom of the Paradise (a part of Exhumed 24 hour, but that was my favorite part.) In a theater setting, on 35mm, I would love to watch Versus, Gummo, Videodrome, or The Frighteners.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember when I was nine years old my mother took me to see Scream 2 and the entire place was packed with teenagers. A few years later she took me to see scream 3, and years after she's passed away I went to the midnight showing of scream 4 knowing how much she would have loved it. Those films were a very big part of a childhood and I was lucky enough to have a cool mom who let me see them when they were on the big screen. I would have loved to see either Jaws or The Monster Squad when it was first released, those movies sum up what's fun about going to the movies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy you are the winner, what's you email address?

      Delete
    2. YES! just messaged you on facebook thank you so much THIS BLOG ROCKS!

      Delete
  13. As far as when I was a kid Freddy's Dead in 3D was awesome at the time. Also a double feature of Hellraiser 3 and Pet Semetary 2. Others include Child's Play, Candyman, and Popcorn. More recently would have to be the premiere of Inland Empire with David Lynch in attendance. Seeing It is Fine! Everything is Fine! with Crispin Glover doing a slideshow and reading was amazing as well. As far as old movies Eraserhead was amazing. It was a midnight screening with Lynch's personal 35mm print. I was in a different world if you know what I mean. Outside of that seeing 35mm prints of City of the Living Dead, Suspira, Psychomania and Deep Red were beautiful.Ones I would love to see would be Cannibal Holocaust, Torso and Ernest Scared Stupid(again). Love Popcorn and love all your contests sir. Beautiful poster.

    -Tromeric

    ReplyDelete