Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chiller Weekend (Spring 2012)



I just got back from the Spring Time Edition of the "Chiller Theatre Expo", if you ever been to the Chiller show you know it's hard to fit everything in a night so this time around I went to the Friday and Saturday Portion of the Show. During the Weekend I got to hang with some great people like The Lombardos (Nick & Nikki), Kristy Jett, Sean VHSPS, Chris Ott, and also meet Jimmy (of Dr. Terrors' Blog of Horrors ) in person for the first time and also Tiffany who posts on the SMF Facebook Page. It was a Fantastic time, but the crowds were way overwhelming . . . Saturday you couldn't even move around so I ended up jetting around 3pm. Friday night was less packed so I got the majority of my DVD Buys and Guest Signings in that night, I also spent a lot of time shooting the shit with Nick and Nikki which was the highlight of my weekend, well it's a tie cause K.J., James, and I had an EpicFail/You Had To Be There of a Lunch at a Local Chinese Restaurant before the Show!

Rather then bore you with tons of stupid "personal" details, here a Shit-load of Pics from the weekend and also my Chiller "Loot" . . . 


So I narrow down what Guests I wanted to meet at the show the night before, and since Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and Zoe Bell weren't able to make the show, I ended up meeting just 4 People All Weekend! The lowest about for a show to date, but the 4 I meet were all Pretty Epic!

Dean Cameron of Summer School was the person i was most excited to meet, his role of "Chainsaw" is one of my all-time favorite Movie Characters!
I loved how he posed for this pic! Really Funny and Down-To-Eath Guy.

I also meet 80s Wrestling Icon/G.I. Joe Sgt. Slaughter!
Slaughter was in Great Shape, I hate saying this but every time you see a Wrestler at these shows they look pretty old and beaten down . . . But not The Sarge, he still looked ready to Kick Some Cobra Ass!

Next up is Al Leong
You may recognize him from "Bill & Ted", but he's also the dude in every BadAss Action Film Ever Made! Everything from Lethal Weapon to Die Hard!

The Final guest I meet over the weekend was Robert Loggia
I love this man in so many movies . . . "Big", "Scarface" . . ."Over The Top"! A True Hollywood Legend!


As you may know from other posts around these parts I am a big time Wrestling Toy Lover, at this show there were a lot of people selling old school WWF guys for about $3-5 a pop so here's the ones I picked up . . .
Some WWF Hasbros, I had the first 3, never had "Green Suite" Ted, but I really needed the Million Dollar Belt 

Bootlegs, with the last guy being a deadringer for the Iron Shiek

Thumb Wrestlers of Hogan and Big John Studd

Bendy figures of Mr. Wonderful, King Kong Bundy, J.Y.D., and Hillbilly Jim


A couple months ago I did a post on HERE about the 90s Dick Tracy Toys and how I was missing "Flattop" and "The Rodent" . . . Well I found them at Chiller!



Here's my DVD/Blu-Rays Pickups . . .

From VHSPS I got . . .
"Remote Control", "Last House on Dead Street", "Shock 'Em Dead", "Killer Party", and Warlock Video's "Happy Helladays"

From other tables I got . . .
"WoodChipper Massacre", "Toxic Crusaders Cartoon", and "Maniac Cop" on Bluray!



These Two Poster are huge and the seller only want $5 for them! 



A "Vice Squad" Lobby Card for $1 . . . Team Ramrod 4 Life


Ok Here's some Random Pics from the rest of the weekend, I'll try to explain them the best that I can lol

Random Michael Musto Sighting!

Pogo!

Uncle Lllyod!

Sean VHSPS and Melina

Creature Mask!

With Lyndsey Brown of The Turnpike Killer

"Edge"

Actual "Scanners" Prop!

Toxie!

I'd Buy That For A Dollar!

It takes all kinds of Critters to make Farmer Vincent fritters!

Well that's a wrap, thanks again for Great weekend everyone I hung out with!

- Tom Bryce

4 comments:

  1. This looks like such an amazing time. So remember how I couldn't go because I had to save money for vacation? Well, we also had a garage sale today and made enough money to go only I think my wife has a lo-jack on me. :sigh: It was so great to meet you and I'm sure we'll hang again. That Traci Lords flick is one straight out of my childhood (as was Traci I Love You of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of "Shock" until it recently popped up in the back of Fango last month, an way great meeting you. Hopefully I will see you at Monster Mania Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dug the whole thing but the Melina banner was a highlight of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it's Tiffany! Thanks for the shoutout! It was nice meeting you too! This Chiller was awesome!! I'll be there in October too!

    ReplyDelete