Friday, March 30, 2012

Upcoming 35mm Screenings in The Philly Area To Check Out!


By the time you read this it will probably be too late for you to make plans to catch a rare 35mm screening of Videodrome at the Philadelphia International House , but here are some upcoming repertory shows at the The Colonial Theatre in Phoenixville, PA and also some more at the iHouse in University City now until the end of Summer worth seeking out!


From Dusk till Dawn (April 6th at The Colonial)
I didn't catch this one when it was out in theaters, first time was on tape but since then I have been in love with the movie. 


Stand By Me (April 7th at the Colonial)
A true timeless classic. I already have plans Saturday but if I didn't I would love to hang with Vern and the gang!


MST3K: Mitchell (April 20th at The Colonial)
Never saw this particular episode, but I hear it's one of the best.


Exhumed Films Presents eX-Fest 2012 (April 29th 11am to 11pm at the iHouse)
This is like the 24 Horror-thon Exhume run in October, but is only 12 hours long and focuses on Exploitation films instead of Horror. I went to last year's event and had a blast.
I will post more about this show later.


Hammer's Vampire Circus (May 4th at the Colonial) 
I love Horror Movie, but never really gotten into the Hammer horror film. It's something I feel the need to check out so I will more than likely get myself to this show.


The Room (May 18th at the Colonial)
I have been waiting for this one since it was announced last year by the "First Friday Fright Night" crew! I plan on bringing a football for a catch in the Colonial's Balcony if anyone is game!


Popcorn (June 1st at the Colonial)
I really like this movie and hope to see a good crowd out for it in June. The Colonial will be the perfect setting to watch this movie since the plot is about showing horror films in an old theatre!


MST3K: Beast of Yucan Flats (June 15th at the Colonial) 
I have seen this movie, but not the MST3K dub. Could be interesting.


A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master and A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child 
(As Part of "Freddy Fest"July 6th at the Colonial)
Super excited for this Freddy Double Feature! I have seen every Elm Street film one way or another in a theatre except these two. All Freddy fans should try to make it out for this one!


Dazed and Confused (July 20th at the Colonial)
Alright, alright, alright . . .
- Wooderson


Zulawski's POSSESSION & Short Films (July 28th at the iHouse)
Joseph Gervasi (of Exhumed Films/Diabolik DVD) is hosting this screening at the International House Philadelphia.
Directed by Andrzej Zulawski in 1981 and Starring Isabelle Adjani and Sam Neill this is the Philadelphia premier of the new, uncut, 35mm print.




- Tom Bryce

1 comment:

  1. There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

    It's been said that every bettor must watch this,

    Watch this or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete