Friday, March 23, 2012

My Most Prized Wrestling Related Possession . . .


A while back my good friend Tom K asked me what my most prized wrestling related possession was. I have to say this bloody $1 dollar bill from a match between The Public Enemy (Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge) and Bad Breed (Axl Rotten and Ian Rotten) takes the cake. Growing up in Philly I was always a huge ECW fan and when I started working for the City of Philadelphia I made quick friends with Frank Talent who worked for the Pennsylvania Athletic Commission at the time. Frank was able to get me back stage for a lot of the the 3PW and early CZW shows back around 2002 - 2004. Because of him I was able to meet Bam Bam Bigelow, Rocco Rock, Sandman, Dusty Rhodes, and Ron Jeremy who was at the ECW arena hosting a wet t-shirt contest.

At a show in 2002 I was sitting front row and ended up getting handed this dollar that was first stapled into Ian Rotten's head and then ripped off by Rocco Rock! Yeah this thing is more than likely the most unsafe thing I have ever put my hands on, but it's has been framed for about 10 years so I hope the germs have since worn off  . . . ECW! ECW! ECW!








- Tom Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment