Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Happening Here on the SMF Blog . . .

So I was just going over my daily planner/calendar for the month of March and it appears I have some pretty awesome shit lined up so far. Most things I will end up doing recaps for here on the blog.

I have a Shit Movie Fest party, 2 Horror Conventions, a couple concerts, two 35mm movie screenings, and a birthday all taking place this month! Here's everything coming up that I am pretty excited for . . .

Friday March 2nd:

                               Night of the Creeps 35mm Screening at The Colonial Theatre

The Colonial in Phoenixville, PA will be hosting a screening of "Night of the Creeps" as part of their monthly First Friday Fright Night Event! As I was saying a couple days ago in this post, Creeps is one of my favorite B-Movies. I can't wait to see Tom Atkins and the Tom Atkins' mustache on the big screen!

(Go HERE For More Info About This Event!) P.S. The Above Poster by Charles Moran will be on Sale there in the lobby :)



Saturday March 3rd:


The Walkman at the Union Transfer . . .
I haven't seen this band in close to 5 years, but I remember them sounding great live. Their song "The Rat" is a masterpiece and I look forward to hearing their new stuff too (something I don't say that often).


Sunday March 4th: 


SMF Presents: All American Sleeze Vol. 2
Sunday Chris and I will be hosting are monthly Shit Movie Fest party. This month's theme is Sleaze! These parties are always the day I look forward to each month.It's an event filled with Great Friends, Bad Movies, Good Eats, and Lots and Lots of Beer!

Chris did an great write up last week HERE that's worth checking out. If you live in the Philly area and are interested in coming hit me up on Facebook and I'll give you the details.


Wednesday March 7th:


MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE (M.S.I.) at the Trocadero … 
Speaking of bands I haven't seen in awhile, I'm seeing M.S.I. with a buddy from work next week. He and and I used to see these guys about 3 to 4 times a year up to about 2008 then we stopped for some reason. They are the ultimate 'love them or hate them' band. I happen to find Jimmy Urine to be a Genius! On Wednesday Night SMF will stand for "Stupid Mother Fucker"!



Friday March 9th - Sunday March 11th:


Monster Mania 21 in Cherry Hill, NJ
I've had my room booked for this since last year! I can't wait to see my boys Jay & Steve from Icon vs. Icon and my Horror Family (John S. of Freddy in Space , his girlfriend Jen, Kristy Jett, and a few others)
The fact  that there are also Horror Stars in the house is almost an afterthought, but I do really look forward to meeting Lou David who played "Cropsy" in the Burning.


Friday March 16th:


"Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" is playing at the Colonial 
and "Redneck Miller" is playing at an Exhumed Films Screening the same Night!
 
VS.
I was too young to see B&T when it first came out and enjoyed the hell out of Redneck when I saw it at Exhume's eXfest last May.
I wish there was a way I could do both, like on that one "Flintstones" episode where Fred kept going back and forth between a dinner party and bowling with the guys . . . Or that time on "Boy Meets World" were Cory had to be at both Topanga's Sweet Sixteen Party and with the wrestler Vader's son helping his dad win a match against Jake "The Snake" Roberts . . . Anyway you get the point, I'll have to pick one, but I'm still not sure which one yet!


Friday March 23rd:


 Sunday March 25: Mad Monster Party in North Carolina
Look at this line up and you'll see why I have no problem driving 9 hours down south to attend this show! I'm leaving Thursday to give myself an extra day to do some touristy crap in and around Charlotte. I'll post more about this show when it gets closer to the event :)


Monday March 26th: 


The Day I turn 30
This is one of those milestones that kinda creeps up on you. When you're in your 20s it seems so far away and now it's less than 4 weeks away from happening! I'm hoping to get my friends out to "The Barcade" in Fishtown that night for some beers and old school Arcade Games :)

Me at 1 or 2 Years Old. I gave up a long time ago about ever trying to be this cool, lol.

And finally, in the last week of the month I will have a whole week of Wrestling related blog posts here leading up to WrestleMania 28! On 4/1 my buddy Stu and I are doing a Wrestling themed SMF party called "Stu-A-Maina". We are going to feature a few bad Hulk Hogan movies and than order the Pay Per View to hopefully see The Rock laying the Smackdown on John Cena's CandyAss.




-Tom Bryce

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! Busy month! Good for you and im looking forward to reading about all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Electronic cigarettes are the best alternative for those who want to satisfy smoking craving without actual smoking. Because it is smoke and ash free and comes in various flavours. Vape Shop Melbourne | Nicotine E Liquid

    ReplyDelete