Friday, March 9, 2012

The Best Movies I Still Own on VHS (Vol.2)


Here is Volume 2 of my old VHS collection posts. Many of these videos were bought from either "Moon Light Video" or "SouthWest Video" when they both went out of business.

SouthWest Video was originally a "West Coast Video" so they had a much better selection when they were open and even when they went under. That was in the late 90s/early 2000s because I don't ever remember them making the switch over to DVD. Anyway here goes Vol. 2.


Class of 1999
The unofficial sequel to my favorite movie of all time "Class of 1984"! Both were directed by Mark Lester, but where '84 was strictly an 80s punk movie Class of 1999 is a lower budget science fiction Terminator clone. A lot of great people are in this including Malcolm McDowell, Stacy Keach, and Pam Grier! There's also a sequel to this staring Cody from "Step by Step", but that's pretty horrible.


Disorderlies
Do you remember the Fat Boys? Well, if you do there's a good chance you have seen Disorderlie. One of those fun movies I remember from childhood, nothing more nothing less.


The Burning
My video store never carried "The Burning" or did and the copy was stolen. So before The Burning got it's long overdue DVD release I owed this bootleg copy I buoght off a seller on Ebay. This version was an uncut import containing all of Savini's gore effects. I forget what I paid for it, but whatever the cost it was well worth it.


        Arena 
I remember enjoying this when I was younger. The monster SFX still holds up too!


Alligator 1 & 2

The first Alligator is a classic, than again so is Alligator 2: The Mutation . . . But for all the wrong reasons!


Dr. Giggles 
Very underrated 90s Slasher. If Dr. Giggles came out a year after "Scream" it would have made bank!


Young Einstein
Only in the 80s could this dude be a "Star".


Evil Ed
It's a no brainer . . . and for $3.99 it wasn't.


Mother's Day
This box has been to hell and back! It's faded, torn, and bent up, but the movie plays fine :)


April Fool's Day
Another banged up box. I love still owning these tapes though because these were the tapes I first rented and are responsible for me seeing all my slasher favorites.


Ed Wood's Plan 9 From Outer Space
Even though I own this and most of Wood's movies on DVD I could never part with my first copy of Plan 9!


That's it for Volume 2 of this VHS feature. I'll be at Monster Mania all weekend so, more than likely I won't get to Volume 3 till sometime next week.




- Tom Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment