Sunday, March 4, 2012

15 of the Worst VHS Tapes I Still Own

The amount of VHS tapes I still own are pretty limited. I would say I own a little more than a hundred. I started to switch over to DVDs I phased most of my collection out and only kept the movies that weren't readily available on disk at the the time. When I was going through the boxes yesterday to do that "TV on VHS" post I realized I that I still had some horrible movies in my possession!  Here are 15 of the WORST. I scanned their front and back covers for your amusement . . .


01: I'll Spit On Your Grave Too!

What I thought would be a sequel to the classic "I Spit On Your Grave" turned out to be a shot on video knockoff. I wish I saw the back cover before I got it off Ebay :(


02: Mosquito
"In The Terrifying Tradition of Alien and Predator comes Mosquito!"
I picked this up from a local video store for a dollar when they went out of business. The joke was still on me!


03: White Lies
Ever since seeing "Go" I have had a thing for Sarah Polley and I think she's a great actress to boot, but this "Made-4-Canadian TV" rip off of "American History X" deserves to get curb stomped!


04: Bloody Murder
Without a doubt the most original movie I have ever seen. I can't believe no one thought to have a killer wear a hockey mask up until this point! 


05: Immortal Combat
Roddy Piper and Sonny Chiba in a movie together!
I wish I could say this was awesome, but sadly I can't.


06: Double Dragon
People always say how awful the "Super Mario Brothers" movie was, but I thought this was WAY worse!


07: L.A. Wars
I love at the top where it says "Vince Murdocco" like he's a huge household name, lol.


08: Johnny Be Good
So many good people are in this movie, but it's painfully unfunny!


09: Captain Planet . . . A Hero For Earth
This show has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, but yeah it was horrible.


10: Lady Dragon
I'm not going to mock this women's fighting skill because they were top notch, but she couldn't act to save her life, but I guess that's why I sorta enjoyed her movies in the first place. There's a certain charm to them. 


11: SideShow
There was a time when I would buy whatever Full Moon Pictures would put out. This movie stopped me from doing that!


12: Redneck Zombies
The Worst Zombie Film ever made (in my opinion) not named "Zombie Lake".


13:  Meet Wally Sparks
    Meet Wally Sparks . . . 
I really wish I hadn't! 
Rodney had so many great movies in his lifetime, but this was his worse.


14: Laser Mission
I got this bad boy signed by Ernest Borgnine!
I still wonder how many others can claim that.


15: Bible Man Adventures 


BibleMan stars Willie Aames of "Charles In Charge" fame fighting bad guys with verses from the Bible! I picked these up at a Goodwill store unopened a few years back. I have no doubt some kid got these for his birthday one year and tossed them in the trash. His Mom felt so bad so she donated them to Goodwill the next day.


Well, there you have it. These may not be the worse movies of all time, but for what I still own on tape they take the cake.




- Tom Bryce

4 comments:

  1. I saw Johnny Be Good in the theater. A lot of decent boobage for being PG-13. Those were the days my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still wanna see that Spit on your Grave knockoff! The cover alone has my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i worked at a videostore, Redneck Zombies rented ALL The Time!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the age of DVD. So you should convert these all VHS movies onto a DVD. VHS to DVD Transfer

    ReplyDelete