Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Vintage Print Advertisements (Week #2) - Video Game Extravaganza Edition

Thank you for all the feedback from last week's Vintage Print Advertisements feature. In case you missed that one you can view it HERE. Anyway, I'm back this week with an All Video Game Edition.

The following ads are all from either the late 80s or early 90s, and were found in the pages of my old comic books and wrestling magazines:

            Bill and Ted on NES . . . Excellent!             And Game Boy Too . . . Not Bogus?


One of the all time best! I bought this on Xbox Live a couple years ago and it still holds up!

I'll still take the Pond Scum Thank You Very Much! 

I had this and didn't really care for it to be honest. Nowhere near as good as the X-Men arcade game that was out around the same time.

"Streets of Rage" was a pretty good beat'em up. I liked part 2 a lot better though.

This game was so ahead of it's time! I want "Smash TV" right now!

Tiger games were always pretty bad imo. I never played this one though so I can't say for sure.

This series was pretty much on it's last leg at this point, but the live action movie was the final nail in its coffin!

A True Classic and the introduction of an icon! 


The only Sega CD game that I ever played was "Sewer Sharks" because they use to have it at Block Buster Video on display. I remember a friend having "Night Trap", but there really wasn't much you could do with that one . . . So horrible!

And last but not least, who could forget the Game Genie? This was the only way I was able to play hard as shit games like Castlevania when I was 7.

Well that is all for the Video Game Edition of SMF's Vintage Print Ads. Next week I think I'm going to round up some toy ads to showcase!




- Tom Bryce

5 comments:

  1. The original TMNT NES sucked so bad that TMNT the Arcade Game was a revelation. I remember playing in the arcade and was so excited when it finally came to NES.

    Although I don't remember getting a Pizza Hut coupon. That's totally bogus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As big of a Turtles fan as I am, I must admit that Battletoads was an amazing game. The Turtles arcade game was amazing too, but the NES version didn't deliver nearly as much as the cabinet version (which was the one you downloaded on the X-Box).

    (Am I the only person who likes the first NES Turtles game? Probably..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first NES Turtles game. It was just hard as shit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the level where you had to swim and defuse a bunch of bombs in a short about of time, that's as far I could get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Me too. That game was crazy hard for little kids.

      Delete